Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick

I'm in love with the packaging. I want to buy more of her colors just for the tubes alone!
 
My new favorite drugstore red lipstick is Kate Moss' #1 shade for Rimmel. The lipstick formula is smooth and moisturizing without being too shiny and I did not have a problem with fading unless I was chomping down on some food. When I was eating the lipstick did transfer to the cup/spoon/food but it miraculously did not smudge outside of the edges of my lips or even my teeth.

My only little nub of criticism deals with the scent. To warn you, I'm a pretty scent-sensitive person. A whiff of certain alcohol-laden floral perfumes or sickly, sweet "beachy" clothing store body sprays  gives me massive migraines. This lipstick's scent wasn't unbearable and it definitely did not give me a migraine, but the odd smell, which I can't really place (cherry soda mixed with face powder?) leaves much to be desired.  

So, even though this little review ends on a bad note do not be under the impression that I don't absolutely adore this lipstick. In fact, I've been searching for more occasions to wear it! 

*iPhone swatches below. Sorry, was pre-DSLR!


 

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, what a lovely colour! It looks so good on you! I really need a good red lippie such as this so thank you for sharing! :)

    And I actually don't remember what the bread was! It wasn't quite an English muffin but it was delicious and made fresh ... so yum!

    Hope your weekend was super lovely!

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever that bread was it made me hungry! My weekend was great! Hope yours was too! Thanks for stopping by Laptops and Lipgloss!

      Delete
  2. This is a great review! I think you should be a lip model!!! Your lips look absolutely gorgeous with the product.

    ~Zabrinah
    [your everyday girl,
    writing about guys]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I can assure you though that the lipstick makes lips look very very good!

      Delete
  3. Shame about the scent. I totally know what you mean.

    Gorgeous colour though!

    ReplyDelete