Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Everyday Staples

Everyday Staples

polyvore.com


It is really nice to have products you always know you can count on. If you are on vacation and forget your make-up, you don't have to worry whatever replacement products you buy aren't going to work. These are a few of my staples that won't break the bank either. 


1. Maybelline Eye Studio Eyeliner- This gel pot eyeliner will last even the sweatiest dancefloors and I've even had it last a few hours in a steam-filled hot tub. I've always been a fan of a black eyeliner, even for blonde and red-heads. This is a great drugstore eyeliner buy.

2. Neutral Nail Polish- At the same time, neutral nail polish can look refined, yet stylish and trendy. My absolute favorite neutral "greige" is Essie's Chinchilly.

3. Smith's Rosebud Lip Balm- This wonderful balm cures dry, chapped lips with only one application. *Tip* Just don't leave it in your hot car like I did. I opened it up and the melted balm dripped all over my nice car upholstery. Not fun to clean.

4. Wet n' Wild Blush- So, I used to be a Wet n' Wild hater. I thought that anything so cheap could not be worth it. But, I was very wrong. For the last few months I've been using this great powder blush. It isn't an ultra long-lasting formula but it lasts just as long as any other powder brand.  


5. Neutral Eyeshadow- One must have staple, in anyone's make-up bag is the brown palette. No matter what brand, whether it be Dior or Rimmel, it is a must-have. These colors can provide a nice neutral base for a dramatic lip or liquid liner cat-eye, or it can be used for a more professional setting, like a job interview. 


6. Black Mascara- Like I said about eyeliner, I don't believe anyone should use anything but black mascara, no matter how pale your skin or hair. The blackest of lashes will always look longer, thicker and fuller. I love CoverGirl's Lash Blast. Soon, I'll post some before and afters of my own eyelashes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment