Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Currently Reading: Middlesex




In addition to beauty blogging, I love to read. I just started Jeffrey Eugenides' Middlesex. I've never read any of Eugenides' work, but I've really only heard good reviews about him. If this novel ends up being fantastic I just might have to check out his latest book The Marriage Plot.

I'm hoping I like this book because the last one I read was a dud. Even though I really thought I'd like it, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter wasn't as good as I was expecting. 

*Semi-Spolier* *Don't read this paragraph if you don't want to know anything about the book*
I sort of found it to be insulting that Lincoln's entire reason for wanting to get rid of slavery was because of the vampires involved. The author could of made it a part of his dislike for the disgusting practice of slavery and made Lincoln more complex. All of the characters were flat for me and towards the end of the novel and Lincoln's life I was just bored, so bored I flipped through a few pages without reading. 
*End of the Semi-Spoliers*

 Anyway, what books have you guys been reading?



1 comment:

  1. loving your blog, hun. totally following. can't wait to read more. If you get a sec, Lauren Conrad has picked me as one of her 3 favorite bloggers. It would mean the world if you could take a second to vote. Thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete